The next big trip is in the pipeline! We are going for a West Coast USA Roadtrip in October/November.
For now a very brief overview of our itinerary;
- Fly to Seattle
- Drive to Randle via Mount Beljica
- Newport via Otter Rock (Potential 60 mile detour to see Cannon Beach (is it worth it? if you have been let me know in the comments))
- Gold Beach (Via Cape Perpetua and other awesome looking Oregon coast locations!)
- Fort Bragg, CA not Fort Bragg, NC (Very important that the Sat-Nav gets this correct)
- San Francisco (Via Bodega Bay)
- Pismo Beach (Via BIG SUR! & Morro Bay)
- Los Angeles (Via Malibu)
- Disneyland (I realise this isn’t a destination like the rest but… if I don’t included this I will be killed by my girlfriend)
- Vegas Baby!
- Grand Canyon
- Bishop (Via Death Valley – Badwater Basin, Zabrinski Point, etc)
- Yosemite and all its awesomness!
- Fly Home 😦
In total, the trip is 23 days and features a few days in LA, San Francisco and Yosemite, overnight stops in most other places.
Total Mileage approx 2,690 miles.
Will publish some more detailed breakdowns over the next couple of weeks/months but some things we want to do include; some NBA games (LA Lakers, Portland, Golden State Warriors), Disneyland, LA Zoo, Mt Rainier, Hollywood, Griffith Observatory, possibly an NFL game.
We also need to work on our hiking skills (which are pretty much non-existent) as we plan on hiking up Mt Beljica, the Hollywood Hills and Yosemite.
Have you done the West Coast, what are your recommendations? Let us know in the comments.